I don't mean to alarm you, but you do know that Mother's Day is just around the corner, right? It falls on May 8th this year, which means you have less than a week and a half to figure out a way to show your mama just how special she is. I know, I know.......your schedule is crazy busy! Between work, life, and everything else in between, you have no time, and you might just have run through all of your ideas.
Reeeelax, I have done a little research for you! I have found a place that is centrally located, that isn't totally nuts to navigate, and has a ton of great options for treating your mom to the very best: Manulife Centre! I know, right? Perfect! You've probably already been there a ton of times to see a great movie, for after work drinks with an amazing view of the city, or to pick up that new book you've been wanting to dive into. There's all that at Bay and Bloor, and so much more! I've taken the liberty of creating a list of gifts and experiences that your one and only mom is sure to love.
1) Make your beautiful Mama feel even more beautiful by treating her to a hairstyle, manicure and pedicure, or other spa services at Haartek. Sometimes an experience - in this case, a little pampering - is even better than a tangible gift. A little bit of spa time is a total treat, and is definitely something I would love as a Mother's Day gift.
2) Your Mom has always been sweet to you, so make sure you return the favour! OBVIOUSLY I wasn't going to write a whole post about Mother's Day gifts without mentioning chocolate, right? In my humble opinion, it is the perfect gift for pretty much anything, as long as we are talking about chocolate as decadent as Teuscher Chocolates. Located inside William Ashley, this swiss chocolatier is famous for their champagne truffles, and they've been a longtime favourite of mine. I took the liberty of a little quality control check for you while I was there, so don't worry. Everything is just perfect.
3) Everyone loves a little bit of luxury, and no one deserves it more than mom! For over 30 years, Gobelins Fine Linens has been bringing Torontonians the best in high quality sheets, towels, duvets, and more. All of those things that bring a little bit of extra sumptuousness into every day living. Any of these would be a great gift for Mother's Day, or, how about an extra plush, extra cozy robe? So many options for expressing to your mom that she deserves the very best.
4) Don't forget about the little details. Your mom always remembers those special little details, so you should too! You've got a great gift or experience for her, but don't forget about a card that expresses just how you feel. More Than Words totally has you covered on that one, with their impressive selection of cards, gift wrap, and everything else you will need. While you're there, prepare to be dazzled by their section of unique gift items inspired by NYC and LA neighbourhood shops. Trust me, it's cuteness overload.
5) After all of that shopping, you've probably worked up an appetite. Lucky for you, Scaccia Italian Restaurant is right there in the Manulife Centre, with a menu full of goodness. Simply delicious appetizers, pasta, risotto, pizzas, and of course, their namesake scaccias (a Sicilian speciality featuring delicious ingredients baked between layers of pizza dough). Perhaps a glass of wine is in order, and of course they'e got you covered in that department as well. Relax, unwind and enjoy some time catching up with your Mom. She'll love it.
So there you have it! My picks amongst the endless supply of greatest hits that are available at Manulife Centre. Be sure to check it out!
Manulife Centre is located at 55 Bloor Street W., Toronto, ON, M4W 1AS